Friday, June 5, 2015

CSDH/SCHN and ACH Conference wrap up

I just returned from a great conference in Ottawa, Canada. Part of the Congress of the Social Sciences and Humanities, the CSDH/SCHN and ACH Digital Humanities Conference brought together dh scholars from around the world.

I was honored, and nervous, to give the closing keynote: DH Futures: Conflict, Power and Public Knowledge. The conference participants and twitter stream provided excellent feedback and have helped me to rethink some of my ideas. Here is the storify of the talk: https://storify.com/beherbert/joint-ach-canadian-dh-conference-2015 (side note--my husband created the storify. Look for the moment where he says--are you finished talking yet? I need to put the sheep in the barn. The life of an academic sheep herder).

Some of the talk material is drawn from my forthcoming book, Traces of the Old, Uses of the New: The Emergence of Digital Literary Studies.  I will be reworking the new materials into an article for the organization journal, so for those of you that asked, yes you may read what I have to say shortly!

Thank again to all who provided valuable feedback. Thanks especially to Roopika Risam for a lovely introduction and to the committee for inviting me to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment