Monday, April 20, 2015

Project Overview

As my book, Traces of the Old, Uses of the New: The Emergence of Digital Literary Studies, is nearing publication (U Michigan P, December 2015), I thought it would be great to highlight some of the important early work in digital humanities. I think that we, as digital humanities practitioners, have been ahistorical in how we understand our work, often assuming that the last 5 years of projects are the entire field. Because of this, we often make broad statements that suggest that only one vein of work is digital humanities, an inaccurate understanding of where we have been and where we are going. This blog is designed to highlight early projects that have made contributions to digital humanities.

I want to thank Alex Gil, whose Around DH in 80 Days inspired this project.

I welcome suggestions of projects that I might highlight and guest posts. I especially encourage those of you who have projects that have been lost to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment